Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sherry's Surprise 40th Birthday Party!

Russell and Sherry's friends planned a big surprise party for her months ago. They sent out invitations, rented a room at her favorite restaurant Papasitos and planned a big day for her. Five of her friends came over early Saturday morning and kidnapped her. They blindfolded her, drove her to Houston and then took her to a spa! The day was filled with fun surprises like a present to open every hour and games. They took her to the hotel blindfolded too so she wouldn't run into any family or friends. She was very surprised when she saw forty five of her family and friends waiting for her in the party room at Papacitos!

We had a great time at the party! It was so fun to see people we hadn't seen in a long time. My grandma, aunts and cousin came all the way from the Valley. Sherry's friends from elementary school to high school surprised her. Lots of family came too. The boys had a great time playing with their four cousins and grandparents. I sure we wish we all lived closer together!

There was a box and pretty paper to fill out at the party with a favorite memory of Sherry. It made me think about all the fun times we had growing up. She took me on her dates with Russell and I tagged along with her and her friends often. I visited her in college for a weekend when she was at Baylor and we had a lot of fun. I wanted to be just like my big sister! When I went to college at SWT, she brought her best friend Kim (a SWT Alumni) to show me around the town. She was my matron of honor at our wedding and was in the room when I had both of my boys. My sister is a very important part of my life and I love her very much!


The party throwers


Me and my big sister


Sherry's elementary friends Kim and Ashley


Austin and cousin Trevor


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Sherry is 40 ! It looks like everyone had a wonderful time, and I sure wish we could have been there.

erica said...

It sounds like the party was great. I'm glad everything worked out with the surprise. Sherry looks beautiful. The picture of the two of you is great.

erica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Lisa, I love your site. Thanks for taking such great pics. We all had so much fun and enjoyed being with all of you. Your boys are too cute!

Shannan Riemer said...

I love this blog entry. Sisters are such an important thread in the fabric of our lives we often dont take the time stop and just think about HOW much they mean to us. Looks like everything went off without a hitch and she looks soo happy;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails