Sunday, October 7, 2007

I did it!




We ran our first 5k a year ago. It started out just a fun thing to do with friends and support good causes. Since then, it has changed into something much bigger. I have now completed seven 5ks and one 5 miler. When we first started doing them, we did a lot of walking and a little running. Every time a race went by, I grew a little more inspired and determined.

Eric gave me a iPod for my birthday this year. I love it! It really helps me to keep going. I also got a Nike+ for it and I highly recommend it! It tells you your time, speed, distance and calories burned. You can track your progress on their website too. I started getting addicted to running the beginning of August after I got my Nike+. I really enjoy being outside by myself. It gives me time to relax and let the stresses of the day melt away. I started off alternating walking and running. Before I knew it, I wanted to run more than walk. The longest I had ever run in my life before today was 3 miles. Today I am proud to say that I ran the entire 5 miles in 59 minutes! I didn't break any records, but I did realize that I really can achieve anything if I set my mind to it!

My sweet husband brought the boys up there to cheer me on. They sat in the back of our Yukon and ate donuts while he video taped us finishing the race. It was such a great surprise to see them! Everyone did awesome in the race! Erica and Sarah finished super fast and I'm so proud of Samantha for walking it 4 1/2 months pregnant! I can't wait to decide on our next 5k!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Way to go Lisa! That is so awesome! Man, you have a ton of running partners! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Great Job, I am proud of you !

erica said...

Next time I wear a ponytail, I'm doing it like yours. I like your little peices on each side. You ran a great race and looked fantastic doing it!! Loved the outfut, too : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails