Thursday, October 11, 2007

Must be nice

My parents made their weekly trip over to see the boys today. They always come with a good supply of cookies and treats. Today they brought over Halloween cookies. My parents also love to share their Cokes and both my boys ask for "Coke please." I assure you that Eric and I have never give them soft drinks, but both sets of grandparents can't help but do it. I guess that is a grandparent thing. It must be nice to enjoy your grandchildren and then leave. No sleepless nights or discipline. No worrying about good nutrition or making sure they get enough rest. Just pure fun. Then it is up to us parents to deal with the consequences of cookies and cokes when the kids won't nap! My mom says being a grandparent means you never have to say no. Wow, I can't wait to be a grandparent!


We played Ring-around-the-Rosie today and the boys loved it. My mom has a great repertoire of songs that she is teaching the boys. Here are some of them:

- On top of spaghetti
- Itsy Bitsy Spider
- Where is thumbkin?
- 5 little ducks
- The wheels on the bus
- Put your finger in the air
- Two little blackbirds

Our boys are very lucky to have such loving grandparents on both sides of the family!

1 comment:

erica said...

Oh yes, I remember Grace seeing a large soft drink cup from a fast food restaurant and saying, "Oh good, can I have some of Nonny's coke again?" I do believe some of Ellie's first words were Nonny's coke. Mindy and I are very familiar with the Grandparent coke treatment. My mom even has special cups she fills with coke when the kids are at her house. : ) I agree, though, your kids are very lucky to have such kind and loving grandparents.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails