Saturday, January 5, 2008

Pureeing fool

I've been having a great time with my new Christmas toys this week. During the boys' naps for the last few days I've been a pureeing fool. I've steamed, peeled, measured, chopped and blended carrots, squash, sweet potato, spinach and blueberries. I bought a small rice steamer and it is working really well to steam the veggies. The Magic Bullet makes them very smooth. So far I have made two things from my Deceptively Delicious cookbook and they turned out really yummy.

Ethan really enjoyed the peanut butter and jelly muffins. Little did he know there were pureed carrots in them! He helped me make them, so I think that made him a little more interested in trying them. I made ketchup too and it turned out pretty good. I was happy to have the boys gobble it up knowing there was no high fructose corn syrup in it, but there were healthy veggies. Even Eric is getting in on the fun. He put pureed spinach in his smoothie and he said he couldn't even tell. I can't wait to try out some more recipes!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I might have to get the bullet...my food processer does not get the veggies too smooth. Try the Spaghetti pie- it was pretty good and I loved that the meat had broccoli in it.

erica said...

The muffins look great! Ethan looks so happy to be eating them. I love it. I have to get my bullet and steamer soon.

Mindy said...

Yay! I love it! We're all adding such good healthy things to our diets, it's awesome! I'm so happy that you're all enjoying everything!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails