Monday, January 14, 2008

1998

We grow up believing in fairytales.
We spend our lives searching for our prince,
but find only disappointment and loneliness.
Our solitude becomes our strength.
We learn that life isn't a fairytale,
but what we make it.
We choose our lives daily.
Being alone makes you strong enough to see who you are as a person.
We grow through friendships,
learning more about ourselves and who we want to become.
So someday when our prince comes,
we can give him our true selves,
because now we know who we are.

I wrote this back in 1998. That year was full of self discovery. Sammy and I use to read books and talk about how we could improve ourselves. I don't ever want that to stop. I want to always strive to be a stronger woman, better mommy, wife and friend.

4 comments:

erica said...

Wow! That's great. I can't believe you wrote that almost 10 years ago! You were wise at a young age. Save that for your kids.

Shannan Riemer said...

You know I have that poem printed on one of my jewelry boxes you gave me;) I love it!

Mary Ruth said...

Your poem is very good. It would be one I would have cut out and saved in my special treasure box I had growing up.

Mindy said...

Very profound, Lisa. Erica's right, you are wise. It's lovely and hopeful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails