Wednesday, January 30, 2008

cool baby products

There are so many cool new baby products that are out there now. My youngest is not even two years old, and there are so many new products. Here are some of my favorites that I used and some that I can't wait to use.

Bella Band - This is a great invention. My maternity pants always fell down when I walked. This is a great solution. You can wear them when your pants are too tight and just leave them unbuttoned under the band. You can also use it when your pants are too big to hold them up.



LilyPadz - I used these when I nursed Austin. I always hated traditional nursing pads. They are big and bulky and you can see them through your shirt. They are a necessity for some of us though. Lilypadz are the solution and I highly recommend them. I mostly used them at night so I didn't have to wear a bra to sleep. The only problem is they are pricey and they stop sticking after a couple months. It's worth it in my opinion though!


Born Free or Adiri - They now have bottles that are 100% polycarbonate-free and bisphenol-a free. I am ditching my 3 year old bottles next time around and getting these.





Miracle Blanket - I learned about the Miracle Blanket when I was pregnant with Ethan after reading The Happiest Baby on the Block. I used the blanket to swaddle Ethan and Austin from the time they were born until they were 4 or 5 months old. I loved it and it helped them to sleep very soundly. This is my favorite baby product and I highly recommend it. Ethan doesn't look very happy in this picture, but he loved it and we only stopped putting him in it because he grew too long. Don't feel bad like it's a straight jacket for babies, they need to feel secure and they sleep so much better! Ethan would fall asleep as I was swaddling him in it half the time!

Bumbo - I used a Bumbo seat with both my boys. I liked it, but unfortunately for me, it made them spit up. Actually everything made them spit up, but it was worse when they were in it. I still think it's great and as long as your baby doesn't have reflux issues, you will love it. They even have a tray for it now and that makes it even better!


Podee - I sure wish I had this when Austin was a baby. How handy to have an extra set of hands when you need it! No, I wouldn't use it every time because I love feeding my babies, but it would have come in handy at restaurants or when your crazy toddler is demanding your attention.


'
'
Itzbeen Baby Care Timer - This is an awesome new product a mother invented after charting her baby's poo, feeding, sleeping and her own medicine schedule. I definitely want one of these. I still have pages of charting for both my boys. How nice to have it all in one easy to use timer!



3 comments:

Shannan Riemer said...

okay, so now I need to get the lily padz;)

erica said...

Gee whiz! Those are so cool it makes me want to have another baby just so I can use the new stuff : )

Holly Tried It said...

I loved the Miracle Blanket. And better yet, so did my daughter. Eventually, she would fall asleep as she was being swaddled. My babysitters couldn't believe it!

Before I got the Miracle Blanket, I was nervous about letting other people watch my baby because we swaddled her. Swaddling with a traditional blanket is difficult to get right without practice. The Miracle Blanket makes it easy--and comes with illustrated instructions to walk new swaddlers through the steps. After that, I didn't worry about my daughter being swaddled poorly and sleeping with loose blankets in the crib.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails