Friday, December 21, 2007

poo poo happens


Warning: If you do not have children, this may alarm you!

We decided to experiment with potty training Ethan today. We let him run around the house without a diaper on. He went potty four times and got a sticker every time. When we noticed him holding his bottom, we knew it was time to poop. We put him on the potty several times and waited. Eric was sitting in there with him and coaching him through it. When Ethan said he didn't go and was done, he started to get off the potty. That's when we saw the poop on the Elmo potty seat. We acted excited and told Ethan he did it! Since he had tried to get down, the poop was on the front of the seat, back of the seat and all up his shirt. I have a question for all those poop veterans out there: How in the heck do you wipe a kid's butt on the toilet without them falling off or in? It took Eric and I both to do it! I held his arms while Eric wiped his back. Halfway through the mission Eric decided to take him to the changing table to finish up. I cleaned up and headed in there to congratulate my little pooper. That's when I found my sweet baby Austin holding a fresh piece of poop. I guess a little turd fell out when Ethan tried to get down and somehow we didn't notice it?!?! Needless to say, we were all scrubbed down and we tried not to act like it was as traumatic as it was. This is the first of many potty stories and I am quite terrified of the future! Any advice will be appreciated!

3 comments:

erica said...

I'm laughing out loud. Ah, the joys of potty training. It gets easier, I promise.

Kimberly said...

Oh- I have got poop stories! And I am impressed that you did not get all crazy with the poop every where...I definitely can not hide my reaction to things like that!
I have no experience training a boy, but my advice is to NEVER put him in a diaper or pull ups again. I never used pull ups. And once the girls went in the potty, it was panties only. I did use a pull up at night time. I called them their night time panties.

Mindy said...

Yeah, I'm probably not the best person to ask for advice. It seems to me that kids potty train when and how they want to. I've tried everything under the sun to get Ellie trained and we still have poop in the pants at least 3-4 times a week! I'm pretty bitter about it right now, hopefully I'll be able to laugh about it one day! Just listen to all the advice you can and use your best judgement and one day it will happen- or so they say. It better happen- I'm sick of washing poopy panties!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails