Sunday, December 2, 2007

The cake fiasco

I was a hostess today for my best friend Sammy's baby shower. On my list of things to do was order the cake. She is gluten-intolerant, so the cake was ordered from a hip, gluten-free bakery in town. Here is a picture of the cake we picked up...
We immediately decided that it needed a little fixing. The colors were all wrong and it was not very pretty. Our friend Sarah makes awesome cakes so she agreed to help fix it up. One thing turned into another and before you know it, the cake was completely redone. Here is a picture of us at 1:30 in the morning working on the cake and a picture of what a kitchen looks like after decorating a cake for 4 hours.

Didn't the cake turn out so cute?

My sweet husband let me sleep in late this morning and woke me up with breakfast. He had cleaned up the kitchen and fed the boys breakfast. He helped me load all the stuff in the car and then watched the boys all day while I was at the shower. He is such a sweetie and I feel so lucky to have such a supportive hubby!

2 comments:

Shannan Riemer said...

I can not believe the transformation! The cake was awesome..how did I get so lucky to have such great friends? I can not tell you enough how much I appreciate you and all of your hard work;)

erica said...

You two are miracle workers. Amazing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails