Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Lucky number 7

Eric and I played golf together for the first time today. We have known each other nine years and never played together. He loves to play and calls himself an average golfer. He lost several balls and spent a good amount of time on the beach, but still had a great round of golf. I was on the golf team in high school for three years, but that doesn't really mean anything. I'm lousy and I always have been! It didn't help me today that I hadn't played in 13 years. Wow, that makes me feel old. I did have a couple of those shots that make me understand why golf can be so addicting. It feels so good to hit a great shot. Eric had a bunch and he ended up shooting a 44 on nine holes. Let's just say my favorite number today was 7. You can do the math. I didn't count the 5 or 6 times I swung and missed the ball. :)

We dropped the kids off at my parents' house and played at the golf course in their neighborhood. It was a beautiful course and the weather was really nice. Hopefully it won't be another 13 years before I play golf again!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Great photos. I LOVED playing golf with Pete, the one and only time that I have! We should all play together one day.

erica said...

I love the picture of Eric on the green. You look very cute with your driver. Nice and slim!

Mindy said...

That's really nice for you guys to have an afternoon to yourselves! We could all use more of those!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails