Thursday, March 20, 2008

Top Chef

We watched Top Chef last season and were excited when it started up again last week. By coincidence, I decided to cook some new meals this week so I got out my handy folder where I keep all my recipes that have been torn out of magazines. If they are good they make it into my recipe box. I set out 5 recipes and had Eric pick two he wanted to eat. He picked Stuffed Red Peppers and Thai Beef Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw. Both meals turned out pretty well. My favorite meal this week though was the steak, grilled asparagus and twice baked potatoes. It was fun to try new meals instead of our old, boring standby meals. We even plated the food in Top Chef style. Dorky, I know!

Austin liked the steak too!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

This is so exciting. I can't wait for you to get to my house and cook for us. The plating looks fabulous. I might invite some of my friends over so you can impress them, to.

Jennifer said...

Those pictures are making my stomache growl Lisa! You are so talented-

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails