Tuesday, March 18, 2008

first time for everything

Believe it or not, today was the first morning Ethan has ever left his bed and climbed in bed with us. In the year he has slept in his big boy bed, he has never gotten out of his bed and came into our room. He usually just calls for us or waits until we come in there to get him. He plays with his stuffed animals in his bed and waits. Crazy and lucky, I know.

This all changed this morning. He sweetly crawled in bed next to me and snuggled. I was torn! I loved cuddling with him, but worried he will start coming into our room earlier and earlier until he is coming in during the middle of the night. Only time will tell what happens next, but our lucky days are probably over. Oh well, it wasn't too bad waking up to this sweet face.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I love it when my kids do that ! some of my favorite memories are waking up with them having crawled in bed with us then laying in bed for a long morning watching TV.

Jennifer said...

That is a great picture of Ethan. I love his eyes!

Mindy said...

My kids do this every morning. If it's too early, I simply take them back to their beds. They both know it's ok once it's getting light outside. Lately it's still dark when we get up, so that makes it a little more difficult. You can really get some extra snoozing this way. I just turn on the TV and lay there as long as they'll let me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails