Sunday, August 7, 2011

2 outta 3


This summer I had three goals with Lauren:   

1.  Move her to her big girl bed
2.  Take away her pacifier
3.  Potty train

Moving Lauren to her big girl bed wasn't bad at all.  When she wakes up in the morning, she knocks on the door to let us know she is up.  I knew she wouldn't be as easy as the boys who waited in bed and called my name until I came to get them, but I am pleasantly surprised how well she has done.  She falls asleep great and it has been relatively painless process until...  we took away her pacifier.

After the dentist encouraged us to ditch the pacifier at Lauren's first dental appointment, we told her she couldn't have it anymore.  Let's just say it didn't go over as easily as it did with the boys.  She no longer would stay in her bed and it was a rough couple of days.  Erica got to witness this first hand when we were sewing together one evening and she saw this...

The next morning I put the childproof handle on the inside door handle and she quickly learned to stay in bed.  

Notice the two pink blankets?  I made a rookie mistake.  After we lost one of the two pink blankies Lauren sleeps with every night, I decide to make her a back up.  This time I made it hot pink and bigger so she cover up with it in case we were ever in a blankie emergency.  Well, now instead of needing one blankie, she now needs two!  Aye, aye, aye!

As for #3, no luck so far.  None at all, with no hope in sight. Oh well, two out of three ain't too bad!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Awwww, she is so stinkin cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails