Saturday, June 20, 2009

swaddled no more

Lauren no longer sleeps all swaddled up in her little cocoon. While she slept great swaddled up, she was starting to wiggle her arms out the second we wrapped her up. She also is a major momma's girl and cannot be soothed by anyone but me. Since she is only a couple days away from 4 months old, we decided it was time for some changes.

We decided to ditch the swaddle blanket and help her learn how to soothe herself. It does involve a little crying, but it hasn't been too bad at all. Since we started this process, she already seems better! She doesn't always scream when she wakes up for us to go get her. She lays in her bed quietly, looks around and occasionally falls back to sleep. She really loves her blankie I made her. I wore it around so that it would smell like me and she seems to really love having it to hold. I don't feel comfortable leaving her blanket in there with her yet, so I take it out once she falls asleep if I'm not watching her like a hawk on my trusty video monitor.

I know this is a long process and I'm prepared for many days and nights of sleep training. After four months of sleepless nights, I am ready! Hopefully our little sweetie will be a great sleeper in no time.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

She looks so sweet......
That video monitor ROCKS!

erica said...

awwwww. I'm sure she'll be an awesome sleeper in no time. I'm getting the video monitors when my kids are teenagers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails