Monday, February 2, 2009

a new chapter

Today is my first day unemployed in 13 years. For the last three and a half years I have been caring for one or two children in my home several days a week. After I had Ethan, I tried to go back to work, but my heart just wasn't in it. I felt such sadness that I had to find a way to stay home with my baby. It's amazing how God provided the right families for us to connect with for this to happen.

I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to be a stay at home mom. The sacrifice of quiting my job, not leaving the house for days on end and changing hundreds of diapers was worth it all to be home with my boys. Although it is not a glamorous lifestyle, I wouldn't change it for anything.


I don't know if I can articulate how I'm feeling this week. It's such a weird feeling to be free. I am adjusting to the fact I can leave and go anywhere I want, whenever I want. Well, at least for three more weeks until I have a squirmy newborn to take care of . :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails