Tuesday, September 9, 2008

parenting boys

Today was Austin's third day of preschool. He started crying in the car on the way to school and said "I wanna go home, not go school". Eric and I dropped him off in his classroom anyway and he had to be peeled off Eric by his sweet teacher. It broke my heart to leave my sobbing baby there. It's kind of like a lot of things in parenting; even though you know you are doing what is best for your child, it still breaks your heart. School is good for him and I know it. He has proven before at church and our gym that he will get over it. It may just take some time for him to feel comfortable and ready to willingly want to go. It still breaks my heart and makes my time away not as sweet.

I have quite an unread collection of books on raising boys. Since the boys are getting older, I really want to read these books soon. Eric and I want to raise happy, sweet boys who have respect and love for people, God and themselves too. Hopefully these books will give me some insight on how boys' brains work. I am already outnumbered here and we will know in a month if I will be REALLY outnumbered!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails