Sunday, September 14, 2008

cell phone love

"Can you hear me Dad? Wow, it sounds just like a real phone!"

It was my freshman year of college and I was in Radio Shack testing out these new cellular phones. My dad had a cell phone when I was in high school, but it was so big it resembled a brick with a massive antennae sticking out of it. My best friend Rebecca had one our junior year, but it was stored in a bag, had to be kept in the car, and it was only to be used for emergencies. It never got much use.

The new cell phone in Radio Shack was a beauty and the sales man let me test it out for free. Small (for 13 years ago), great reception, and it could fit in my purse. I bought it then and there with my Daddy's permission and have been addicted to the cell phone ever since.

I just realized a couple things... I have had a cell phone attached to my ear for 13 years, been out of college for almost 10, and it's time for a new phone since mine has been more dropping calls recently than my 1995 original ever did!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails