Saturday, May 16, 2009

Craft ADD and Modge Podge


As I said early in the week, I have been feeling crafty.

Too crafty.

The kind of crafty that fills the counters with supplies and occupies my thoughts. I solved my addiction by tackling one project at a time. First, I Modge Podged the number 3 for Lauren's three month picture. It was the easiest craft, so I figured I knock it out first.

Let me introduce you to my favorite craft supply...

If you have never used Modge Podge, it is amazing stuff. I've used it in the past to make Austin's name for above his crib.

And also to decorate plain tins to put cookies in.

To make the number for Lauren, I bought a simple wooden number and a cute sheet of scrapbook paper. I laid the paper on the shape and held it in place with one hand. With the other hand, I rubbed on the ridge of the number so the paper was indented.

The indention makes it easy to see and cut along the lines.

Then I painted Modge Podge on the number, put the sheet of paper on top, and painted again. In order to avoid bubbles under the paper, you will need to wait for the bottom coat to dry before doing the top coat. The good thing for this impatient momma is that it dries very quickly. The last step I like to take is to sandpaper the edges so they don't look too perfect. It gives it a worn look I like.



In no time at all, I have a cute number 3 waiting for the day Lauren turns three months old. Happy Modge Podgeing!

1 comment:

erica said...

That makes me want to modge podge something right now! Do you think I could modge podge my son to his bed?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails