Tuesday, January 13, 2009

my new best friend

I don't like sewing. Really, I don't. I have made dozens of baby blankets, curtains and other projects even though I get no enjoyment from it. I do love picking the fabrics out and designing what I want to make, it is the actual sewing part that I dislike. I still have to make Lauren's blankies, hem her curtains and sew new basket liners before she comes.

The main reason I don't enjoy sewing is because I can never make anything perfectly. There is always some imperfection that I notice and it's really frustrating. Maybe I should take a sewing class and not rely on my high school home Ec class memories.

I don't think I've ever sewed anything and not used the seam ripper pictured above. Even though sewing is not my favorite thing to do, I do love the fact that I am making things for my family that they can keep and use forever. That is, if they don't fall apart first. :)

2 comments:

StephanieG said...

what kind of sewing machine do you have? i have dabbled with sewing in the past but am definitely a beginner. i've sort of been looking for one.

erica said...

Lisa - You have sewn some beautiful things. It's the imperfections that make them one-of-a-kind originals.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails