Friday, November 9, 2007

Sewing is sew cool

Last night Samantha and I went to a sewing class at a local sewing shop and made an Amy Butler Stash and Dash bag. It was so fun! The teachers were very patient and taught us rookies a lot! Despite a broken machine, zipper that wouldn't close and some upside down birds, we had a great time. We learned how to follow a pattern, install a zipper and add pleats. Our bags turned out really cute and look pretty good if you don't look too closely. : )

We were very inspired by all the cool fabrics and have lots of projects we want to get started on. Amy Butler has some really cute patterns and fabrics on her website. Check out the adorable flower pillow! My next project is pillows for my couch. The boys have destroyed the old ones. I finally made curtains for my living room and kitchen a couple months ago after living here for four years. I really liked how they turned out. This was the first curvy line I had ever sewed!

Despite a some completed projects and lots of blankies, I am not a great sewer. I can only do very basic things and I would love to get better. Anyone interested in taking a beginner sewing class with me?

3 comments:

Shannan Riemer said...

fun! I love Amy Butler's website.

Jennifer said...

Good job Lisa!

erica said...

It looks great. I'm so sorry I missed it. Looking forward to next month!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails