Friday, April 4, 2008

Life in 5th Grade

My mom saved everything from my childhood. Every time she comes over, she brings some piece of artwork I created, essay I wrote or some treasure she saved. I really appreciate that she saved stuff for me. She brought my diary from the end of 5th grade this week. It is filled with lots of insight from my 11th year of life. It made me remember what a great childhood I had and the things I loved at that age.

Here are some of my favorite things I remember from 1987...
=
Fashion: Coca-Cola T-shirts. pink Converse high tops. strawberry smelly Swatches. acid washed jeans. denim jackets.

Books: Dear God, It's Me Margaret. Sweet Valley High. The Secret Garden.

Food: Doritoes. fried shrimp. Funyuns. pizza. my mom' hamburgers.

TV shows: Growing Pains. Who's the Boss? The Facts of Life. Different Strokes. Silver Spoons. Gimme' a Break! Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Fraggle Rock. Family Ties.

Music: Whitney Houston - Dancin' on the Ceiling. Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer. Los Lobos - La Bamba. Belinda Carlise - Heaven Is A Place on Earth. Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now. Suzanne Vega - Luka.

Technology: walkmans. jam boxes. mini Macintosh computers. giant cell phones. records. tapes

Movies: Adventures in Babysitting. Mannequin. Three Men and a Baby. Can't Buy Me Love. The Princess Bride. Overboard. Top Gun.

I felt really old when I realized all this was 20 years ago!

5 comments:

erica said...

Who would have ever thought that Ronald Miller would turn out to be McDreamy?!?

Mindy said...

That's hilarious! I'll bet that was a fun stroll down memory lane!

Sherry said...

It is funny to see how much you did compared to your older sister who just listened to Barry Manilow and Amy Grant. I think I didn't see many movies without you, either.

Shannan Riemer said...

Love it! Did I ever tell you that I was a member of ricky shroeder's fan club?

Kimberly said...

That is too funny!
That is great that your mom saved everything. I have a hard time deciding what to keep and what not to keep.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails