Sunday, February 24, 2008

happy brain

My hall closet is finally organized and my brain is happy. I like things organized. When things are cluttered, my mind feels cluttered. When my bed is made, I feel more in control and happy. Weird, but true. Does this keep my bed made every day? No, because I can shut the door and hang out in the living room. It does keep my kitchen island consistently clean and free of clutter. That's the one thing I can control in the chaos of kids throwing toys everywhere.


I've been trying to tackle organizing my entire house. Most closets need organizing every couple of months, so I have been trying to stay on top of it. My latest challenge is my hall closet. It has become the throw all place for anything and everything. Leftover horse mylar balloons, games, masssage chair, hand weights, crafts, scrapbooking supplies, photo albums, you name it were in there.

It is now an organized closet and my brain is happy. I love that I can grab a game for the boys to play or playdoh in an instant. Everything has a place. Just as my brain likes it.

2 comments:

Shannan Riemer said...

I love the feeling of everything being in its place! Happy Brain, Indeed!

erica said...

Wow, your closet looks awesome. It does help you think better, doesn't it. I need to get going on my laundry room : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails