Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

Friday we loaded up the car and headed to the lake house for Easter. This picture was taken right as we left when Kirby had a comfy spot to sit. Halfway through our 6 hour drive, her trip got a lot more uncomfortable when we put the seat back up so I could sit in it. Turning around to reinsert a pacifier isn't fun the 100th time you have to do it and I was much happier sitting next to Lauren and the boys.

We arrived at the lake house around 11 and unpacked the car. That's when we noticed a suitcase was missing. Miss Lauren's suitcase was accidentally left at home so the next morning we had to make a trip to Walmart to get her some clothes and pjs. Thank goodness we had an extra Miracle Blanket in the car!

Saturday Gege and Granddaddy hid over 100 Easter eggs for the kids to hunt. They had a blast!

Even Lauren got in on the fun.

Sunday morning the boys were very excited to see what the Easter Bunny left them.

Right after Lauren woke up from this nap, she smiled at me for the first time! It was so sweet!

Gege and the kids had a great time dyeing Easter eggs. Ethan and Austin had never done it before, so they loved it!














Ethan told us the Easter story and it melted my heart. I'm so glad they are learning the true meaning of Easter!
Lauren looked cute on Easter in her Walmart backup dress. I tore the bow off a gift bag so she would have one. A girl has got to have a bow!

We had our first annual deviled egg making contest this year. Jennifer came in first, I came in second and Jan came in third. Jan might have had a chance of winning if she wouldn't have put candy sprinkles on her eggs!

We had a great time at the lake house with Eric's family. We got to relax, play games, sleep in and take naps every day. It's just what we needed!

I couldn't let Lauren's real Easter clothes go to waste, so I had to snap a shot of her wearing her flower headband sitting in her Easter basket...

Then I couldn't resist putting her in her cute Easter bunny shirt...

I must admit I wasn't too upset when she got her bunny shirt dirty. What else could I do but put her in her Easter dress? :)
We hope you had a happy Easter!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails