Friday, December 31, 2010

hitting the slopes


Thursday morning we hit the slopes bright and early.  The boys were excited to ski for the first time!

We were ignorantly excited about teaching them. We learned our lesson and next time we will definitely put them in ski school!  It's hard to teach little kids to ski down a slippery mountain!

All ready to ski!

Eric taught Ethan while I worked with Austin. 

Love his tiny little skis!

The boys were very happy they got to try skiing for the first time and are looking forward to doing it again. 

 
Then the fun began!  Leon came to pick up the boys and Eric and I had a date on the slopes! 

We rode the ski lift to the top of the mountain and enjoyed lunch while it snowed. 

Since Eric and I got engaged on a mountain not far from this one 9 years ago, it was so nice to experience it again together.

My sweet husband lured me to the top of the mountain by claiming there were greens all the way down.  When we got to the top, a big sign stated "NO easy way down!".  Eric patiently guided me down the blues and I only fell a handful of times. 

When I fell and slid 15 feet down the steep mountain in this crazy position, all we could do was laugh.  Laugh, and grab a camera!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails