Tuesday, September 15, 2009

desperate housewife?

The other day I had to fill out a form that asked my occupation.
 
Housewife? 
Homemaker?

If I am either of those, I am failing miserably.  I do keep the house running, but I am no Bree Vandecamp with a spotless and organized house. There is dust on the tops of the ceiling fans, the carpet needs vacuuming once a day instead of once a week, and there is almost always a stack of laundry somewhere. 

My kids are fed, played with, bathed, and most importantly loved on.  So what did I put on the form?

Stay at home mom.

I think that describes the job I'm doing better and makes me feel less like a desperate housewife.  Raising kids is an important job and I'm so thankful I have the opportunity to do it.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

MOM x3!!! It's the MOST IMPORTANT job on earth!! Not to mention YOU'RE strong enough to handle it & not let someone else do it for you! Give yourself some credit! :)

Jennifer said...

Yeah, you sort of DO remind me of Bree.........Ha Ha! Just kidding- ;)

Rachael said...

some days are so hard, but I am so glad to be home with my babies :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails